Friday, October 10, 2008

My Top 10.........Albums to Listen to Completely

Last night I was over at Penny Loafer's(see "Oh Dear Lord....No More Croptops!") and the song "Jumper" from Third Eye Blind's Semi-Charmed Life started playing on his stereo. I hadn't heard it in years but it reminded me of how much I loved that album when I was in college. I'm sure some of you are thinking..."WTF!?, really?! Third Eye Blind?"......but 10 years ago, I could listen to the entire album over and over and not get sick of it.

Now, with the creation of mp3's and iTunes, I hardly ever purchase an entire album and realize that finding one you can listen to completely is rare. This realization, and a bit of alcohol, lead to us both listing out our favorite 10 Albums. The rule was that you can only include the album in your list if you can listen to every song on the album and not want to skip a song. No soundtracks allowed and you can only put one greatest hits or live album on your list. I'm sure everyone will have their opinion on our lists, but here they are. Let me know what you think I'm missing or I completely missed the boat on....of course you'd be wrong, but I'm still curious what you think.

Oh and as for Semi-Charmed Life, it just missed the cut!

Matt's Top 10
1. Dave Matthews Band – Under the Table & Dreaming
2. John Mayer – Room For Squares
3. Beatles – Abbey Road
4. Eagles – Hotel California
5. U2 – Rattle & Hum
6. Pearl Jam – Vs
7. Harry Connick Jr – She
8. Garth Brooks – Roping the Wind
9. Kanye West – College Dropout
10. Guster - Lost & Gone Forever

Penny Loafer's Top 10
1. Van Morrison – Moondance
2. Sister Hazel – Somewhere More Familiar
3. Bab Marley – Legend
4. Steve Miller Band – Greatest Hits
5. Billy Joel – Glass Houses
6. Limp Biscuit – Limp Biscuit
7. O.A.R – The Wanderer
8. Dave Matthews Band – Under the Table & Dreaming
9. Sublime - Sublime
10. Paul Simon - Graceland

2 comments:

Sarah, Adam & Addy said...

Nice, you reminded me of a few good CD's I haven't listened to in awhile! Hope you are well...Happy Birthday!
Sarah

The Taylor Three said...

OK, I agree with John Mayer, Guster, Paul Simon, Van Morrison and Eagles...the rest...well....but I do admit that all those albums listed have GREAT songs on them.