Monday, October 10, 2005

Ah The Deep South

So I am working in Greenville, South Carolina this week at my company’s data center. I have never been to South Carolina and I have to say it is really nice. The weather is a bit muggy but the temperature is really nice. Right around 70. It’s very green, similar to Kentucky (see last week’s entry) but more plantation style houses.

Greenville itself is a fairly small city, around 55,000 people, however it is fourth largest in South Carolina, and the biggest in western South Carolina. I am staying at a Westin on Main Street. The hotel is a 150 year old hotel that was just remodeled. It reminds me of the Brown Palace in Denver. Very ornate and fancy. The best part of staying there are the beds. If you’ve never stayed at a Westin, the beds are so comfortable.

When I got in to town last night, I walked up the main street to find a restaurant to get dinner at. Now I know I border on the line of being an alcoholic, but I was just amazed that I couldn’t find a place to get dinner, have a beer and watch a football game last night. This is the bible belt and apparently it’s very rare to find a restaurant that serves alcohol on Sunday. As a result, restaurants don’t open on Sunday, because they can’t make any money on liquor sales. I guess it was Devine Intervention that I dry out for a day……….. Praise the Lord….…….Amen!

No comments: