Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Old Man Walking

It has been a crazy week!

After working a ton in Greenville last week I came home to a fun, yet busy, birthday weekend. Despite being almost 30…. Holy shit!.......I had one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had.

Friday, we went to dinner with Barb’s dad, step-mom and brother to The Barolo Grill…. it was excellent! We went for Barb’s dad’s birthday, which was Friday, but everyone was nice enough to include me in the birthday celebration.

Saturday we headed to Cordiera, outside of Vail, for a wedding of a friend of mine from Accenture. Now if you didn’t know, The Cordiera Resort is where Kobe was staying when he performed his lude act with a cleaning lady. Anyway……the resort is very majestic and the views are incredible. Barb bought me a massage at the spa for my birthday, it was so relaxing….. in a non-Kobe-molestation-touching way. The wedding was at the golf club at Cordiera. The golf course is a true mountain course, complete with pine trees, rocks and naturally steep hills and bumps all over the course. It is a Nicholas design and the houses are designed to blend into nature so it almost looks like a golf course in the middle of a national park. That being said, the houses on the golf course are sick; each one is seriously the size of a mountain lodge. In fact, we couldn’t find the golf club at first because it is the smallest structure up there. The wedding was a lot of fun and it was great to hang out with some old friends from Accenture.

The next day we headed back down to Denver and watched the Broncos. I was exhausted from the busy week of work and the non-stop activities of the weekend so all I wanted to do was lie on the couch and watch football. Despite being exhausted, we made plans to meet up with Conner and Jenna for dinner at Hapa. I was complaining that I was too tired and that I didn’t want to go, but Barb thought we should. Anyway, she drags me to Hapa in the middle of the Broncos game so I am not too happy. To my surprise, when we walk in, there are about 20 friends there to surprise me with a birthday dinner! Barb had planned a surprise party for me. Suddenly I felt like such an ass, a feeling I am quite familiar with. The dinner was so great and it was so nice of everyone to come.

Barb definitely knows how to treat someone on there birthday, I don’t think I have ever been so spoiled on a birthday, except maybe last year when she planned a birthday vacation to Maine! So Barb, thanks again for everything!

On a side note, a little entertainment for those who are familiar with my car, the Jetta is broken again…….I love VWs!

No comments: