Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring In Denver

For everyone who lives in Denver, they know that there is really no such thing as Spring here. It’s either 75 and sunny, like a nice June day, or it’s 29 and overcast, like a cold day in January. I’m not sure how any flowers grow here as they start to bloom when we have a few warm days in a row and then they freeze the next week when the frost comes in. I’ve lived in Colorado for almost 25 years and I still can’t get used to it. It tricks me every year.

Also, I think I may be regressing to my college drinking days. In the last week I have been debilitating hung-over twice. That Maker’s Mark, though very tasty the night before, slaps me around like I’m Glass Joe and it’s Mike Tyson while I sleep. (Note my little homage to Nintendo).

Thirdly, Just to follow up on my last entry, I bought some new carpet this week at Lowes. They had the best selection of carpet and much better prices than Home Depot. However, I did end up selling one of my kidneys to pay for it still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did ya have a big weekend? Go by Home depot...maybe Bed Bath & Beyond if you had time?

But who am I to talk... I slept most of the day and have watched enough TV to make Einstein retarded.