Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Miss Katy



If you are a regular viewer of the Today Show, like me, you may have strong feeling about the Today Show. I am not a morning person, and I definitely have a routine in the morning; part of which is watching the Today Show. A couple weeks ago, the Today Show, introduced their new anchor, Meredith Viera, as well as a new set. It may be that I am just grumpy in the morning, but I think Meredith is just annoying.

She’s trying too hard; things seem forced. It’s like she’s pretending to have this history with Matt, Al and Anne when she doesn’t. Also, you can just tell that Anne wanted that anchor position and just wants to drop-kick Meredith off the set.

I’m not sure if that’s how it was when Katie Couric started, but it seems very forced compared to KC. Katy may be annoying and smug sometimes, but at lease she seems real.I'm not giving up on her yet though. I hope she'll calm down a little and force things a little less in a few months.

On the side note, the new Today Show set is weird. It’s so colorless, like they are transmitting from a saved set from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Everything is all plastic. The camera is also off center due to the HD filming, I don’t like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I could have written this! These are my own thoughts...I watch the Today Show religiously and I am having a really hard time getting used to Meredith Viera---did you see her 'getting to known Ann' piece? You know Ann just wanted to push her off the high ropes! HA!

--Kristen