Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Mullet and Me

So….for the last couple years I have had relatively long hair. In fact, most of the time I have had a mullet of sorts. It wasn’t intentional and the back of my hair was the same length as the front, but the back has this wicked, trailer park wave to it that makes it look like a mullet when it’s long Today, I finally let go of the Indigo Girl inside me and cut it all off. While I was getting the snip I became reminescent and began to think of all the famous people who have had mullets…..

Kevin Coster
As mentioned above...both of the Indigo Girls
1/3 of the NHL
1/4 of MLB
Michael Bolton
Billy Ray Cyrus
Andre Agassi
Jerry Seinfeld

After bidding farewell to “the party in the back and the business in the front” I was still haunted by it’s memory heading back to work. While exploring the internet I came across this excellent ppt presentations on the history of the mullet.

Click here to view the presentation

Apparently the mullet…or mullette in French…. Has been around for thousands of year and is also genetically passed to children of Mulleters. Who’d a thunk it?

Anyway, enjoy the presentation and if the mood hits, observe a moment of silence for the loss of my mullet.

No comments: