Monday, September 18, 2006

The Buffoons....er The Buffalos

Ok, ok, it’s been a long time since I’ve written. I seem to have focused most of my attention on our wedding website lately. It’s looking pretty good, but I have neglected my outpouring of thoughts into wanderingwithwords.com this summer.
Luckily I had something that inspired me start writing this up again…CU football. We are terrible. We’re 0-3 with 3 convincing losses; one of which was to division 1-AA, (1-2) Montana State, oh yeah that’s right; we are they’re only win so far. Now that’s sad…..

There is just no talent to work with on the team. We all knew Barnett couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag, but it turns out that he really couldn’t recruit either. I mean, our offense had negative yards through the first 5 halves of this season! This being said, our defense looks pretty good actually. This is probably due to all the practice they are getting by being on the field about 45 minutes of every game. The good news is that even though our offense may go 4 and out with negative yards every drive, we are able to hold the other teams….most of the time.
The good news is this year I don’t have to continually be disappointed every game when I hold out hope that we may win. I can focus my energy on things that have a better chance of happening….like Jake Plummer being MVP….or Maurice Clarett starting a recreational football league in the Ohio Penal System. (see Clarett Article here)