Friday, January 27, 2006

Faster than the speed of............a turtle

This weekend I kick into high-gear with training for the Cherry Blossom 10 mile run Barb and I are doing in April. For those of you who are runners, 10 miles probably doesn't seem like that far, but for me it might as well be a marathon. I am not a runner by nature. The type of races I am best at are boat races, the drinking kind. I can usually run about 3 miles and then I am done. I think I can do this though. I have been getting in better shape over the last year and every race I have run in, I have increased my speed. However, my races are mostly 5ks, 4mile runs and one 10k, The Bolder Boulder. So this is a loooooooong run. My goal is to finish the race, I would prefer to run it no slower than 11 minute miles, but we'll see. Anyway, this weekend we are starting with a 5 mile run, not too much for most, but a pretty good distance for me. My "coach".....Barb......is pretty good at helping me keep going, she'll probably run about 10 miles before our run so she can treat the 5 mile as a cool down :) Wish me luck with the training!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you are running CB!!!