Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I really, really, really, really, really want a puppy.....she said

If any of you have met Barb, you know that she is very focused and knows what she likes and doesn't like. When she gets an idea in her head, it doesn't go away. Don't get me wrong, part of the reason I love her is because she is very opinionated and knows who she is. Sometimes though, logic doesn't rule; for example.....Puppies

She wants a puppy so much. I love dogs and would like to get one when the timing is right, however below are 4 reasons why I don't think we can get a puppy right now.

1. We have no yard. Although it would be tiny now and doesn't need a lot of running space, I think it's cruel to have a dog and not allow it to have a backyard to run around in all day.
2. Barb already has a dog. She has an Australian Shepherd, Bomboo, who lives at her mother's house. However, she live with her mother because she is insane and continually tries to eat me. Apparently I am very tasty.
3. Since we both work, no one will be at home with it for the first 2 months. That time is really important for socialization and I don't think a puppy should be alone all day during that time.
4. Puppies are expensive and we are trying to save money right now.

So as much as I would love to get a dog right now, it just doesn't make sense.

At the same time, check out these golden puppies that are available right now. They are hard to resist.

By the way....here is her quote from this morning....
"I just want a HUGE dog that weighs more than me! Is that so wrong? Think how cute it would be."

I think.....err I hope.......she was kidding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very well constructed argument-except men should always give girls what they want-especially your gf. Other than that flaw you are completely right!! :)

Anonymous said...

Audrey is exactly right :)

I should always get what I want, especially an adorably large bernese mountain dog named Monkey!

Anonymous said...

That's bizarre. I received the same email yesterday with the 4 pics of the Golden Retriever puppies. I guess free puppies get around fast.

Anonymous said...

You are both right. Sell your place, get a house with a yard and then get a puppy. Actually, maybe you should get TWO puppies so they will have each other for company during the day when you are not there!! Get a puppy or two, but take my advice and don't get a calico cat!