Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fasting

I have wanted to do a fast for awhile now to clean out my system. I’ve read it’s an extremely healthy way to “reset” your body. With the amount of training I’ve been doing for the last 6 months, I haven’t been able to try a fast. Now that my triathlon season is over, I decided this is the week!

To start, I attempted a short 2-day fast to see how I feel. Now that I am done with it I do feel much better actually. It may be more mental than physical but either way, it seems to be working and my body feels better than it has in awhile.
However, after completing it yesterday I think my metabolism is totally f**ed up. Since Monday night I have had 2 bowls of soup and 6 glasses of orange juice. I feel better and I am definitely eliminating the toxins in my body, but I have some how managed to gain 3 pounds! In addition, at no time did I really every feel famished.

Doesn’t it seem that if I am not eating anything I should lose weight instead of gain it? I’m wondering if I should ask my doctor to check for hypothyroidism. Weird huh……

Anyway, I am in a wedding this weekend, so in true Matt style…I plan on re-toxifying(is that a word?) my body with copious amounts of makers mark and coke. Maybe I’ll throw in some fried chicken too just to complete the full life cycle.

As for the picture of a gremlin...it's totally random. The movie was on tv last night and who doesn't love a gremlin......just don't feed them after midnight.

1 comment:

The Taylor Three said...

Love the blog...keep it coming!