Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tired

I’m tired………

So apparently, I have severe sleep apnea. From what my doctor said, most people have some form of sleep apnea, but mine is “extreme.” Now most conditions people have can be fixed by taking a pill or something easy like that, not sleep apnea. The “cure” for sleep apnea is actually to sleep with a large mask that looks like a gas mask called a CPAP, continues positive air pressure. It wraps around your head and fits over your nose. The mask then has a 6 foot tube that connects to a humidifier type thing that blows constant air through your nose, it’s not too comfortable. Then, if that isn’t bad enough, you have to wear a chin strap that prevents your mouth from opening up when you sleep. It’s great, I know that although it takes 4 hours to fall asleep, since you have to always sleep on your back, those 4 hours left in the night are the best hours of sleep I’ve had in years.

I’m still tired…………

No comments: